Uel O'Dell JONES
1. Last known address for O'Dell: Hoxbar Rt. Box 69, Ardmore, Oklahoma - 7340l.
2. Obitury from Ada Evening News
ADA -- Services for Uel Odell Jones, 82, Ada, are 1 P.M. Wednesday at Oil Center Pentecostal Holiness Church, the Rev. Glen Eaves officiating. Burial follows at Maxwell Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 5 - 6:30 P.M. Tuesday evening at Criswell Funeral Home.
Mr. Jones died on Saturday, Sept. 19, 2009, at a Norman hospital. He was born May 15, 1927, at Ada to Bert and Jewel Isaacs Jones. He lived in the Oil Center and Fittstown areas until his late teens and attended school at Worstell, Beebe, Summers Chapel and McLish and graduated at Ada High School in 1947.
Mr. Jones, from his early years, took a job to assist the family when his father was drafted into service during WWII. Most of his adult occuation was working in the oil fields. In the 1970s, he was stricken with cancer and thereafter unable to pursue his chosen employment.
On March 4, 1975, he married Myrtle Caudle. She died in Oct 2002 at Ardmore. He was also preceded in death by his parents, Bert and Jewel Jones and one brother, Burl Jones.
Mr. Jones is survived by four sisters, Ovella Jared and her husband Clive, Coweta, OK; Juan Cooley and her husband Don, Ada; Deloris Van Landingham, Oklahoma City; and Bertie Frantz and her husband Robert, Norman; five step-children, Bud Caudle and his wife Liz, Ardmore; Frank Caudle and his wife Cleo, Sulphur; Harold Caudle and his wife Ann, Sulphur; Herman Caudle and his wife Diane, Ardmore; and Beverly Foster and her husband Jerry, Ardmore; 16 step-grandchildren; 22 step-great grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews and many other friends.
Criswell Funeral Home
3. Odell was in the Navy in WWII as Cee Bee Welder.
4. The twins Jeremiah K. Jones & Shane O'Dell Jones sons of Gayland Kent Jones told Richard Jones that O'Dell had another son by the name of Frank. This writer had never heard about this Frank before. Maybe he was son of O'Dell & Ramona his first wife....???
Rev. Clive Edward JARED
1. Clive lived next door to this writer with his wonderful parents back in the late 40's and early 50's on East 2nd Street in Ada, Oklahoma.
2. Clive was a Church of God of Prophecy Pastor & later an Overseer.
3. He is now Associate Pastor of The Church of God, Park & Thomasville, Pocahontas, Arkansas
4. The address for Clive & Ovella is Rt 2 Box 9-1, Coweta, Oklahoma - 74429 phone 918-486-1015. The home phone in Pocahontas, Arkansas is 870-378-2370.
5. We had a very pleasant visit this past Saturday 27 Nov 2004 in the home of Don & Juan Cooley @ Allen, Oklahoma.
Ovella Parthenia JONES
1. Ovella was the oldest daughter of Bert & Jewel.
2. Graduate of Ada Hig School 1947
3. She married Clive Jared and they are well traveled while ministering for and with the Church of God of Prophecy..., he was pastor and Overseer of churches in Oklahoma and other states.
4. Address as of 10 Dec 2010: 30293 East 169 th Street, Coweta, Oklahoma 74429
Rev. Thomas Jefferson JARED "Sr"
1. Tom J. Jared, Sr. was Pastor @ Worstell Church of God when this writer, Earl L.Jones was a lad of about 5 years old. Sister Jared was my very first Sunday School teacher, whom I dearly loved and respected.
2. Later during the late 1940's we lived next door to each other on East 2nd Street, Ada, Oklahoma
3. Social Security No. 409-56-4165.
4. Tom's own story: I was raised up on a little hill farm two miles West of Boma, a small flag station on the Tennessee Central Railroad. A large family as you see, not much educational advantages...just grade school. Worked on the farm during summer months and fall and winter with a lumber company. My father and mother were members of the Old John Wesley Methodist Church. We children were taught to be honest and truthful and to practice the Golden Rule. I was married to Laura Maude Roberts September 10, 1911. We had one child, Boda Pauline, at Boma in December 1912. After disposing of what property we had we boarded the train for Oklahoma. We arrived at Ada, January 2, 1913, farmed until 1941. In 1934 God called me to preach. I evangelized until 1940 and then began to Pastor and Pastored until 1957. Then I had to retire. I have had scores of people converted in my ministry. I have four sons preaching the gospel and one granddaughter. We are members of the Church of God of Prophecy. We are not partial toward anyone. We love all God's people. Also poor sinners that are lost and undone.
My youngest brother, William Looney Jared, has one son who is a lawyer. There are several teachers in the William Ensor Jared family. Wife and I were saved August 1, 1920. We did what Solomon said to do in Proverbs 22:6, "train up a child in the way he should go and when he grows old, he will not depart from it".
I have never been arrested nor paid a fine in my life. Not a child has ever been arrested or paid a fine. They were all saved in their teenage.
Laura Maud ROBERTS
1. Maud had a twin brother Claud.
Lena Mae JARED
1. Lena was a TWIN to Lela.
Lela Faye JARED
1. Lela was a TWIN to Lena.
Naomi Juan JONES
1. Don & Juan lives @ 508 East Broadway, Allen, Oklahoma 45825 Phone 580-857-2421
2. They provided the fine music for Daddy's funeral. (Henry Franklin Jones)
3. This writer had a fantastic visit with Juan & Don in their home Saturday, September 7, 2002. We had not seen each other since Daddy's funeral in 1982. We got to share some old times and some family history.
Deloris Winona JONES
1. Deloris lives at 41 SW 92nd Place, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (405) 634-0824 as of 15 Dec 2010
Bertie Lou JONES
1. Bertie Frantz lives at 4019 Kent Street, Norman, Oklahoma 73072 Phone 405-634-0824 as of 15 Dec 2010.
1. Chrissie lives @ Moore, Oklahoma as of 1989.
John Edward ISAACS
1. Sources of Information from 1850 Census of Marion County, Kentucky.
Willie Newton ISAACS
1. Sacred Heart [Catholic Monastary] is 6 Miles East of Asher, Oklahoma.
Florence Mae WOOD
1. 21 Mar 1924....Mr. & Mrs. Wood and Florence Isaacs and little daughter Alfreda spent Monday with J. E. Maddox and family. (PCHGS Quarterly 1 Oct 1981)
2. 17 Apr 1924....Mr. & Mrs. Willie Isaacs and daughter Alfreda spent Sunday with Truman Flatt and family.
Reginald N. ISAACS
1. PFC 128 Inf. WW II served in Philippines.