Marriage Notes for William Ferman Kuykendall and Mabel CLARK-64791
1. Another source gave marriage date as 27 Nov 1940
William Jahew Chastine KUYKENDALL
1. Janelle Foster has spelling as "Jehugh". She said they were in Lincoln County, New Mexico, working for John Chisum.
2. Jahu enlisted 1 Oct 1863 in the Union Army, Company “H” 2nd Regiment, North Carolina Mounted Infantry.
3. He was discharged from the Union Army on 16 Aug 1865 at Knoxville, Tennessee.
4. On his pension application, Jahew was listed as having brown hair, blue eyes, fair complexion, and 5’ 8” tall at the time he enlisted in the Union Army.
5. His pension application number 1,169,108 can be found at the National Archives in Washington, D.C.
6. 1850 Federal Census, Henderson County, North Carolina, dated 21 Aug 1850, Family 373/373.
7. 1860 Federal Census, Henderson County, North Carolina, Green River, dated 28 Jul 1860, Page 136, Family 441/441.
8. Janet Andeson reports that he was named at birth as Jahugh Chastine.
Sarah E. OSTEEN
1. Janet Anderson says that William never married Sarah E. Ostenn but did have a daughter with her.