George Evans WYCHE
1. George Evans Wyche was a Methodist Minister.
1. James Wyche enlisted in 47th Regiment, Company "G" at age 18 Military Service -A; July 03, 1863, wounded in arm and captured at Battle of Gettsyburg in Pickett's Charge.
2. Military Service-B: Hospitalized at hospital in Gettysburg briefly before being transferred to hospital in Chester. Died there of "Typus fever".
Thomas Clay REAVIS
1. Occupation: Farmer in North Carolins & Dentist in Tennessee.
2. Religion: Quote in family bible, "I profess religion September the 9, 1833, at Ellis'es Campt Ground, 4 miles east of town of Oxford, Granville County, NC".
3. Thomas Clay Reavis was elected City Marshall of Jackson, Tennessee a number of years prior to his death.
4. He moved September 4, 1832, in a letter, written from Stagville, Orange, North Carolina, to his cousin Nancy Hundley Reavis, he mentions his intentions to move to Tennessee, mentions that his father was dead, and that his mother had remarried.
5. Moved about 1834.
James Monroe REAVIS
1. James was born when the family was enrout to Tennessee.
James Blount REAVIS
1. James Blount Reavis enlisted 19 Sep 1838 at Matagorda in Captain Martin K. Snell's Cavalry Company, Army of the Republic of Texas. He gave his age as 23 and his birthplace as Raleigh, North Carolina. He serveed at least three years.
2. Military Service-A: Family legend has it that James came to Texas from Tennesse with Davy Crockett, but due to his age the men at the Alamo wouldn't allow him to stay.
3. He left Tennessee after his father had died and mother remarried.