James Blount REAVIS
1. James Blount Reavis enlisted 19 Sep 1838 at Matagorda in Captain Martin K. Snell's Cavalry Company, Army of the Republic of Texas. He gave his age as 23 and his birthplace as Raleigh, North Carolina. He serveed at least three years.
2. Military Service-A: Family legend has it that James came to Texas from Tennesse with Davy Crockett, but due to his age the men at the Alamo wouldn't allow him to stay.
3. He left Tennessee after his father had died and mother remarried.
William F. REAVIS
1. Listed on the 1850, Shelby County, Tennessee, Census.
Samuel A. BRAME
1. Samuel & Nancy were first cousins....with Samuel Reavis (1721) and Nancy Jones (1736) being their common grandparents.
2. They were the great-great grandparents of NC Governor James B. Hunt, Jr., His mother being a Brame.
1. Thomas was a Schoolmaster.