Peter KUYKENDALL "II"
1. Peter left (near) Bowling Green, Kentucky in 1807 or 1808 for White County, Illinois, then to Northern Missouri.
2. Alternate place of birth: Anson County, North Carolina, which at the time was part of York County, South Carolina.
3. Peter & his two wives had 17 children.
1. Jesse lived in Illinois in 1826.
2. Employment: 25 Oct 1870 to 25 Oct 1872 - Posey County, Indiana
3. The 1880 mortality schedule has cause of death as consumption (tuberculosis).
4. It is reported by Susan Reeder that there was a small article in the Mt. Vermon, Indiana newspaper, The Western Star, which indicated that he died in reduced circumstances.
Jesse B. COMBS
1. On the 1850 Census Jesse & Sarah were living in Black Township, Posey County, Indiana with the four children listed.
2. There may have been older children who were no longer living at home.
3. The Census listed both as farmers.
4. It also listed both as being unable to read or write.
5. Land Patent Records show a Jesse Combs purchasing 40 acres in Posey County on September 5, 1835 and 40 acres also in Posey County on August 1, 1839.
John Pinkney KUYKENDALL
1. 1870 Federal Census, Henderson County, North Carolina, Green River Township, dated 28 Aug 1870, Page 12, Family 9/10.
2. 1880 Federal Census, Haywood County, North Carolina, Pigeon Township, dated 8 Jun 1880, Page 8, Family 64/64. James Kuykendall (brother of John) listed in household.
3. 1900 Federal Census, Haywood County, North Carolina, Pigeon Township, dated 8 Jun 1900, Sheet 6, Family 88.
4. 1910 Federal Census, Jaywood County, North Carolina, East Fork Township, Family 75/77.
Rachel A. LINDSEY
1. 1880 Federal Census, Haywood County, North Carolina, Pigeon Township, dated 8 Jun 1880, Page 8, Family 64/64.
1. There is a possibility that John Married someone named Mary after the birth of Alfred. This unknown may be the one.