William Robert KIRBY "I"
1. William was born in Oklahoma, his father in Texas, and his mother in Mississippi.
2. See 1910 Pontotoc County, Oklahoma Census.
3. William was a Captain in Union Army of the Civil War.
Josephine "Josie" JOHNSON
1. According to Pontotoc County, Oklahoma 1910 Census Josie's father was born in South Carolina as was her mother. Josie was shown on census as Head of Household with three children, Walter, Willie, & Louella.
2. She died at age 70 on a Sunday evening @ 9:00 O'clock at the home of her daughter Mrs. Tom Turner
of 830 W. 24th Street, Ada, Oklahoma.
3. She was 8th of 10 children
James Hamilton JOHNSON
1. Civil War Veteran CSA
Ruby J. JONES
1. Ruby lived in Owensboro, Kentucky.
Walter Arcastus KIRBY
1. Akterbate place of birth: Tupelo, Mississippi.
2. Walter lived at Duncan, Oklahoma at time of his mother's death Apr 1927.
3. Walter died in a local Ada, Hospital at age 80 years, 10 months, & 3 days.
William Robert "Willie" KIRBY "II"
1. Willie lived at Bebee, Oklahoma at time of his mother's death in Apr. 1927.
2. William Jr. was a farmer.
1. Ethel Stringer's brother Bill was Louella's "lover".
2. Ethel lived in Slidel, Louisiana as of 8 Apr 1985.
William Robert KIRBY "III"
1. William & Oscar may be the same person, "William Oscar Kirby".
Opal Faye KIRBY
1. Opal lives in Tecumseh as of 18 Jan 1991.
Fred M. JONES
1. The obituary of Mable only recognizes son Wayne as surviving... no mention of the other five children listed here...could they in fact be siblings of Fred M. Jones instead of his children?
Mable J. KIRBY
July 16, 2010
Ada Evening News:
ADA -- Services for Mable J. Jones, 96, Ada, are 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Asubury United Methodist Church, the Rev. Don Griffin will officiate. Burial will follow at Memorial Park Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 6-8 p.m. Friday at Chriswell Funeral Home.
Mrs. Jones died Wednesday, July 14,2010, at a local hospital. She was born Feb. 12, 1914, in the Walnut Grove Community west of Ada to Walter A. and Eula B. Crow Kirby.
She granuated from Ada High School and later East Central State Teachers College in 1939 with a Bachelor of Science degree in education. She taught at Walnut Grove, Hall's Hill and Worstell schools in Pontotoc County. She retired from teaching during World War II and was a homemakefr until the mid-1960s when she began her work as a bookkeeper for J. Kent Smith Jewelers in Ada.
Mrs. Jones was a longtime member of Asbury United Methodist Church.
She married Fred M. Jones April 29, 1939. He died Aug. 10, 1985.
Survivors include a son, Wayne Jones, Ada; two grandchildfren, Steven Jones And wife Diana, Norman and Mark Jones, Ada; and three brothers, J. O. Kirby and wife Bea, Ada, Johnny Kirby and wife Peggy, Ada, nd Jim Kirby and wife Joy, Rockwall, Texas.
She was preceded in death by her partents, her husband, a brother, Robert Kirby, and two sisters, Melba Kirby and Myrtle Sutton.
Bearers will be Keith Wilkerson, Kenneth Wilkerson, Burl Oliver, John Ryan, Mark Jones, Steven Jones nd Gary Kirby.
Criswell Funefral Home, Ada
Martha MC MINN
1. Martha lived in Austin, Texas, at the time of death of her brother Joseph on 14 Nov 1998.