Sarah MC MINN
1. Alternate date of birth 4 Jan 1803.
2. Her mother, Rachel, left Sarah an interest "in the plantation whereon I now live and all my household and kitchen furniture, together with two hundred dollars and a book, Thomas Boston's Fourfold State."
William H. MC MINN
1. Alternate date of birth 21 Dec 1810.
Samuel Thomas MC MINN "II"
1. Alternate date of birth: 16 Mar 1788 and 12 Feb 1788.
2. Samuel was in the War of 1812...Calvary 27th Co. Detached from 10th (N.L.T.)
3. Samuel went to Tennessee and on to Arkansas. [Missouri Census]
4. Jr. owned at least 7 slaves in 1840 and maybe more when he died.
5. Red Anthony
thinks that Samuel Sr. & Samuel Jr. are both buried in Louvenia Cemetery, Yell County, Arkansas, but could not find a marker for them. Lots of graves are just marked with field stones.
6. Bollinger Co., MO Wills: Vol. 1, page 65 (LDS film #925,406) Dated 14 May 1862; proved 9 Dec 1852
7. I, SAMUEL McMINN of Bollinger Co., MO, growing old and infirm of body yet of sound and disposing mind...to wife, MARY, my real estate (house and farm) in Bollinger Co.: SE 1/4 of SW 1/4 and SE 1/4 of the SE 1/4 of Section 7 Twp 29 N of Range 8 East - 79.35 acres; E 1/2 of NW 1/4 of Sec. 18, Twp. 29, N. of Range 8E - 37.88 acres, entered in the name of my said wife Mary B. McMinn; also the SE 1/4 of SW 1/4 of Sec. 18, Twp 29, N of Range 8E - 40.02 acrews also entered in my wife's name; also to my wife all other real estate...slaves...household and kitchen furniture, stock ... etc...
After the death of my wife, to my son WASHINGTON ALEXANDER McMINN...he is to live with his mother and aid her in taking care of the family and farm...
To my daughter LOUISA now married to SOLOMAN KITTEELL late widow of ABSOLOM KINDER deceased...slaves...and after her death to her children.
To my grandson PETER WASHINGTON KINDER, son of said Louisa...slave.
To my grandson WELLINGTON NEWTON KINDER, son of Louisa ... slave.
To my grandson ANZY ALEXANDER KINDER, son of said Louisa ... slave
He goes on to provide for the support of "my afflicted granddaughter SOPHIA ADALINE KINDER, sister of my grandsons", out of the means provided them.
Wife can sell to my son ALFRED McMINN.
Signed: Samuel McMinn
Wit: H. B. Barnhart, H.S.Dunn, James H. Dunn
Alfred F. MC MINN
1. Alfred was a farmer.
2. Alfred was with the family on every Census until 1850...he died in 1852.
John MC MINN
1. John McMinn married Mary "Polly" Howard and moved to Gibson County between 1830 and 1834.
2. He is Travis McMinn's GGGrandfather.
Daniel MC MINN
1. Daniel stayed in North Carolina.
2. TMcminn227@aol.com reports that Daniel is buried at [Unity Church Cemetery] Lincolnton, North Carolina Cemetery and was 73 yrs. 8 months, & 24 days old.
Martha Elizabeth "Betsy" HOWARD
1. Betsy was living with Nancy & Henry in the 1880 Census.